Just a quick note that the bridge over Old Man’s Creek on F62 (500th St SW) outside of Hills will likely be closed on Wednesday:
Said 7/10 to 7/29.
The first article on the page about f62 talks about proposed dates and locations.
More details, so drivers can go down old 218 , turn right at Hills onto observatory road and go to turn right onto 540th st which is gravel and go to naples (gravel) and turn right then turn left onto bayertown (paved corner of the race course) and onto the church.
I don’t think riders will want to ride their race bikes down this much gravel. Alt route to ride your bike to the start would be hwy 1 to sharon center road to church but that adds a few extra miles… didnt get a chance to measure
This will not affect the actual race course, but will probably make a popular route to get to the course impassable. Please plan your route to the race accordingly.
It’s back on, we have rescheduled the 2017 version of the Chamois Time RR for:
Wed. July 19
Hopefully this time the weather will be great! See you then!
What: Iowa City Bicycle Master Plan (different than Parks master plan!)
Where: Senior Center, 28 South Linn Street
When: Thursday, January 26th
What Time: 6 – 7:30 pm (open house format)
The intent of this open house is to learn about the planning process, provide input on existing bicycling conditions, and identify potential improvement areas. Details at Let’s Get Rolling – IC Bicycle Master Plan.
Additionally, there is a Bicycle Master Plan Survey that is being used to gather input. The survey takes some time to go through but provides valuable data to the city as well as the University.
Think of this as a Strava Heat map – enter your normal commuter route and identify locations that are “sketchy” as well as good. This could be lack of defined bike lane, poor maintenance, no connectivity, etc. You can comment on others routes as well.
Folks, this is the time to get some work done. We have key people involved in the planning process, and there is considerable momentum on several fronts. Please take the time to pass along your input. Also, Emily Robnett and Ben Anderson are both on the Bicycle Advisory Committee for this Master Plan. Feel free to talk with us at any time.
2017 Iowa City Cycling Club Kit Order
How do I order?
- Complete the 2017 Kit Order Form indicating size and quantity. Order what you think you need for the 2017 season!
- Note – we will be evaluating a clothing provider change and kit design change for the 2018 order!
What size and types of Kits should I order?
- Fit kits at Geoff’s Bike and Ski from November 1st through 20th. ID numbers on order from (EG #20829) will be on kit tags. Review the order form for more details.
- There is a new Aero (race fit) short sleeve jersey option
- Any comments on clothing style (chamois type, kit length – baggy), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When are orders and payment due?
- Kit Order Forms with payment (cash or check payable to Iowa City Cycling Club) due by December 1st, 2016.
- Drop off at Geoff’s Bike & Ski in the box/folder labeled ICCC 2017 Kit or
- Mail/drop off to Geoff’s Bike & Ski 816 S Gilbert St, Iowa City, IA 52240
When will kits arrive?
- Kits should arrive prior to the first race of year which is around early March.
- Notifications will be sent when kit arrive and pick-up locations will be at the shop on a designated night. If you can’t make that night, other arrangements can be made.
How do I join Iowa City Cycling Club?
- It’s easy – just purchase a kit for the 2017 season.
Are the Kit graphics and style going to change?
- Louis Garneau will be providing the kits again this year and there will be no graphic changes for 2017. However, a clothing provider and graphic change will likely take place for 2018 kit order.
What does Geoff’s Bike and Ski get out of this?
- Geoff’s graciously allows ICCC to have the fit kits at the shop and answer questions. Please take the opportunity to browse their merchandise and maybe even buy a cross bike!